Sunday 24 June 2007

Interview with the Artist

When were you happiest?
My first night in hospital with each of the children after giving birth to them.
What is your earliest memory?
Lining up in an orderly fashion all my toys over me in bed.
Which living person do you most admire, and why?
Aung San Suu Kyi, because of her humanity.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Envy.
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Excessive consumerism.
What is your most treasured possession?
My art.
What would your super power be?
To be invisible.
What makes you depressed?
Frustration with my work.
What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
More space.
Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Sylvia Plath, Rachel Cusk, Lionel Shriver, Alain de Botton, Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen, you.
What is the worst job you've ever done?
Working in a well known law firm as a receptionist.
What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
The power of love.

No comments: