Saturday 3 November 2007

Setting One's Stall Out

This blog I am noticing is like a form of occupation. As such, it has been over one hundred and forty days of work to date and to miss one day, as in a way I have done, is rather like how I imagine a diligent post office teller might feel the one winter day when influenza gets the better of him and he is unable to attend to the needs of his communicative and literary village. But, and this is the point, I am here now and that has got to be a good thing. As I write, the artist is asleep, as indeed are our children. I have not yet fully established, in other words in great detail, how exactly the artist feels about her day and her meetings with possible progress in the exhibiting stakes. I know we are to write an email to the gallerist, whom she did meet in the end, and that there are reasons to be positive. I also have been very busy myself so once we have fully caught up we will be better poised then to selling the stamps again to the important local population of our need to do things. I think it went well. I hope it went well. I know that the first meetings are key when an artist meets a gallerist, and there is no indication that the meetings went badly. That said, no one the artist saw yesterday has seen this new work in the flesh yet, and so, presumably, some kind of meeting is in order for this to take place. As for me, after what for me was a hugely important meeting I had to attend to various other matters, each coming thick and fast. It seems I am not without options in my future pursuits and I must weigh these all up in the course of the weekend, at the same time as demonstrating I hope to all parties nothing but willing. Perhaps I can do it all. That would be perfect. If I can retain a fitness, I don't see why it can't be done. Of course, married to all of this is a real need to see the might of the artist's work in the best exhibition space possible. At lease we have reached the weekend, which in theory should allow at least some of the issues of the day to ease off slightly. We must certainly regroup, and I must hear all about the artist's day.

No comments: