Thursday 17 April 2008

Onwards

I have been away for some time. I feel trained. I feel about myself, for a moment, the way I have always felt about the artist. Application, for that is the word, pays rewards. But tomorrow I return to the war zone. There I will think about the artist and our beautiful children the way a poet might sometimes contemplate the sky bleaching out melancholy. I am going into the light. There is darkness there but for my part there is no vainglory, only a kind of service to one's fellow man. The artist serves us all. She pays homage where others take things only for granted. She is a cradle of discovered ideas. I cannot wait for you to see the work as a whole. It is a whole with which to fill the hole which is man's inhumanity to man. Think big and you will be big.

No comments: