Friday 9 May 2008

My Sister

My sister has died. I have been immersed in other people's problems for a good few weeks - assassination attempts, minefields, cross-departmental blustering, charity, military strengths and tribal weaknesses - and have forgotten about those equally important issues closer to home. She was a strong person, my late sister, a firm mind, and bore no humbug. I am told my other sisters were there for her, as much as they could be, but her husband will not have taken it well. He is a loyal man who nonetheless depended on her greatly. They had one child and he is with him now. I am hoping to receive a date for the funeral and perhaps I will find it appropriate to say something there. As the only male member of my immediate family since before my voice broke, I find it important to speak on such occasions. I only wish I had the power to bring people back to life.  

No comments: